For the last six years, India has witnessed a surge in vector-borne disease cases, especially dengue. The situation has worsened to the extent that people have started to lose their lives to these ailments. No matter how tiny the vectors appear, their one sting can be fatal. However, the good news is that the proportion of mosquito repellants has ramped up in recent years. All because of the escalating cases of dengue, malaria, chikungunya, and zika virus. The expansion credit primarily goes to the rising awareness that has encouraged people to opt for mosquito repellent in some form or the other. These repellants have gradually transitioned into much-needed products in India, making companies include a wide range in their portfolios. In fact, a recent report published by Markntel Advisors projects The India Mosquito Repellent Market to ascend at a CAGR of around 5% during 2022-27. With this in mind, we can clearly infer that we already have a diverse range of mosquito repellants available. All we need is to find that suitable type. So, without further delay, let us spill the beans on the available types surfacing across the supermarket, hypermarket, or even local shops.
Available Types of Mosquito Repellent
- Fabric roll Based: Owing to the extra concern required for pregnant women and the extreme delicacies of babies, brands have begun to diversify their portfolios by adding natural and Pediatrician Certified mosquito repellent. Take an instance of Godrej’s good knight fabric roll. These rolls are baby-oriented and are designed in such a way as to protect babies from mosquito bites. The best part is that you do not need to apply it directly over the babies’ skin instead, you can roll it on prams, cots, beds, curtains, table cloth, etc. So if your requirement encompassed the protection of your baby without exposing it to Hazardous chemicals, Roll-ons would be a great idea.
- Patches Based: Godrej unveiled its new variant, Goodknight Patches, designed for kids. As per the brand, these patches are made of plant-based ingredients like eucalyptus & citronella oils and have superior 3M Adhesive to ensure zero irritation or stains on removal.
- Aerosol/ Spray Based: Because of their easy and smooth delivery, Sprays have been the popular mode of repelling mosquitoes. As such, numerous products like Dabur Odomos Naturals Mosquito Repellent, All Out All Night Mosquito and Fly Spray, HIT Mosquito and Fly Killer Spray- Lime Fragrance, Bodyguard Herbal Mosquito Repellent Spray, etc. are available in the market. Even kids-friendly sprays are available in the name of Moskito Safe Natural Mosquito Repellent Body Spray for Kids. If you are looking for instant relief alongside broad coverage, Spray Based repellants would be a perfect choice.
- Cream and Lotion Based: Mosquito Repellent Creams and lotions usually contain Diethyl Benzamidet, which basically masks the body odor attracting mosquitoes. For outdoor purposes such as trekking, hiking, etc. creams come in handy. So far, Odomos has been a clinically proven brand to offer protection for up to 8 hours.
- Coil-Based: Often made using a dried paste of Pyrethrum powder, a mosquito coil is basically a spiral-shaped mosquito-repelling incense. While the Coil suspends in the air, it draws continuous support from two pieces of fireproof netting that allow continuous smoldering. Usually burned from the outside, it produces mosquito-repellent smoke. Although some people are allergic to smoke, no serious health risk has been reported yet. Also, low-smoke coils are available in the market. With the active filter technology, Goodknight Activ+ Low Smoke Coil ensures less smoke while providing 25% higher efficacy. So far, coils have been considered safe insecticides and can provide up to 12-hour protection. However, Coils occasionally result in fire accidents when left unattended.
- Liquid/ Vaporizers Based: The most commonly opted mosquito repellent is vaporizer based. Owing to such massive popularity, plenty of products are already available in the market. The vaporizer consists of a machine and a refill that eliminates mosquitoes using vaporization of the herbal volatile and herbal oils in liquid form through electricity. Along a similar line, the Goodknight series by Godrej recently added a Naturals Neem liquid vaporizer, which claims to have derived from neem and eucalyptus oil.
The Mosquito Repellent market in India undoubtedly is flooded with plenty of mosquito repellants. Based on your needs, you can pick the suitable type that not just protect you and your loved ones from infected mosquitoes but also reduce the ill effects of the chemicals used. We hope the above categories have helped you make an informed decision.